The Preschool Steam Class studied vertebrates and invertebrates today. Here is what we did:
- Built structures out of blocks.
- Examined the structure of a skeleton.
- Studied pictures of animals that when put in light revealed their skeletons.
- Learned that animals with skeletons are called vertebrates.
- Watched a video that identifies vertebrates, invertebrates and their differences.
- Did a Steam Challenge using play dough to build animals with and without a backbone to determine which would hold the most blocks.
- Played a relay game matching animals with their skeletons.
Who knew preschoolers could have so much fun learning about such a complicated topic!?!
Pictures are below. Enjoy!